I am OK And back on track

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Trainman4602

I am OK And back on track

Post by Trainman4602 »

To All my friends and valued customers

If you have been wondering why no one has heard from me it is because I have been dealing with a few medical issues, as well as my son Dan having an accident with his motorcycle.

All is well I and I will be getting back to business this week. If you have an item on order they will be coming to you shortly.

Dan is recovering nicely and is expected to have a full recovery. He hit a storm drain that was in the middle of the highway and sunken below the road way. Completely in shadow, he hit it at 65 miles an hour. He was thrown from the bike and landed about 200 feet in front of the drain grate. He suffered a shattered right knee cap and a broken left foot.

As for me I have been dealing with an attack of gout which is very painful and has affected both hands. I have been having trouble working with the 0-80 screws that are required to assembly the units.

I normally would have had Dan help but he is in no shape to do that .

Thanks for understanding Dave.
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
Builder01

Re: I am OK And back on track

Post by Builder01 »

Wishing you both a speedy recovery!

David
05hwy28

Post by 05hwy28 »

2nd that. Get well soon!

-Mike
SP&S700

Post by SP&S700 »

Speedy 110% recovery to both of you!

Clint
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

Dave, I hope you and Dan have a good recovery.
I never ride motorcycles myself - If I can't have ten wheels, I want at least four!
Jawn

Post by Jawn »

Trainman4602 wrote:As for me I have been dealing with an attack of gout which is very painful and has affected both hands.
I feel your pain! I guess I'm fortunate in that mine has stayed in one toe so far and is somewhat manageable with anti-inflammatory meds. However the first time it happened I had to have a steroid injection directly in the joint... so unbelievably painful! :shock:

I wish you both a speedy recovery.
Jerry_H

Post by Jerry_H »

Dave,

Hope you and Dan get well soon and get back to doing what you enjoy.

Jerry
www.chaski.com
Fred_V

Post by Fred_V »

Gout is a real pain. Are you taking Allopurinol? That cured it for me.
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Dave:
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
As both a motorcycle rider, and having experienced gout in one toe, you have my sympathies.
I think I'd rather crash a motorcycle...

Welcome back.
~Russ
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

Trainman4602 wrote:If you have been wondering why no one has heard from me it is because I have been dealing with a few medical issues, as well as my son Dan having an accident with his motorcycle...As for me I have been dealing with an attack of gout which is very painful and has affected both hands.
Sorry to hear about your son and I hope he fully recovers. I've often heard that a motorcycle is the quickest way to get to a hospital's the emergency room—as a patient.

As for your gout, that can be quite painful and I sympathize. 0-80 screws are quite the challenge, even with fully functioning hands.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Allow me to add my regards and hope for both of you to make full recoveries. We need you in this hobby, David.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
BClemens

Post by BClemens »

All the best Dave.... and two wheels are no more dangerous than 4 or 8 or 18. Highways are the danger - along with that 'other' occupant on it. We must drive for anyone around - all the time - for our own safety. Riding a motorcycle only means that the result of an accident is usually more serious - grand result for your son - God has more for him to accomplish on planet Earth..... Hope you do well too - 70 is a lovely bitch.
BC