Backyard Rails

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Caribou Doug

Backyard Rails

Post by Caribou Doug »

Does anyone know if Backyard Rails is still around or if someone took over their products. I have an early 90's 1.5 scale F7 body and I am looking for a replacement fan vent for the top of the fiberglass body. If they are not, does anyone have suggestions of another source? Two of them are removable so I am having a friend with a 3D printer look at making one but I am not sure he will be able to. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Doug
Attachments
F7 Vents resized.jpg
Steggy

Re: Backyard Rails

Post by Steggy »

Caribou Doug wrote:Does anyone know if Backyard Rails is still around or if someone took over their products. I have an early 90's 1.5 scale F7 body and I am looking for a replacement fan vent for the top of the fiberglass body. If they are not, does anyone have suggestions of another source? Two of them are removable so I am having a friend with a 3D printer look at making one but I am not sure he will be able to. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Doug
Contact Tomar Industries at (877) 697-9731 or E-mail them at info@tomarindustries.com and they may be able to help you. Tomar is the source I used for the fan grilles for my F-unit.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Caribou Doug

Post by Caribou Doug »

Thanks for the lead! I will give them a call tomorrow.

Doug
AusDan

Post by AusDan »

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/pikerivernorthern

These are similar, but in 1.6 scale...Also shows 3D capabilities
I would be interested if you find something in 1.5 scale too...

cheers
Danny
skid-roe

Post by skid-roe »

Try Cannonball ,
On their online catalog, page #15 EMD fan grill PT# 44106 5" (36")