Engine not selling # 2 ****SOLD****

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

wa6mdi

Engine not selling # 2 ****SOLD****

Post by wa6mdi »

OK the second rig is the Cannonball Lil Gasser. Comes with a 4 foot riding car, spare clutch, spare Spicer transmission. Also the maintenance manual for the Briggs & Stratton engine plus the original assembly manual for the engine. I'm asking $2,400 for that package. Again there has been no interest. What is wrong?

Thanks
Attachments
lil gasser.JPG
rkcarguy

Re: Engine not selling # 2

Post by rkcarguy »

Maybe your location isn't so great, or near any clubs where it could be used? I know I have a terrible time selling anything online here in the PNW, put it out where someone can see it while driving by and it's gone quick.
chiloquinruss

Post by chiloquinruss »

OK, I'll take a stab at it! In Erie PA they just had 36 inches of snow in 24 hours. Here in Oregon it is 20 deg right now at 2:45 in the afternoon on a sunny day! Probably not what you would call a good outdoor item sales day! :lol: Russ
10KPete

Post by 10KPete »

It's like selling a boat... wait for early spring.

Pete
Just tryin'
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

+1 to the above. Also, These things run in spurts - very cyclic. Time of year and location might have a lot to do with it.

Where are you located, and how are you marketing it? Wouldn’t hurt to list it on Craigslist, eBay and of course DLS.

Price seems very reasonable, and it’s a good looking build, so don’t loose heart. The right buyer will come along.

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

Last but not least, after all the Christmas shopping and such, people are tapped out and can't shell out more money for a toy that can't be used until spring. As the other said, wait until April and try then.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
JoeKahan

Post by JoeKahan »

Don't take it personally. I've been looking at it and would love to give it a new home, and I wouldn't even try to talk you down on the price. Problem is with a wife and kids and the recent giving season, I've had to pay penance for a years worth of toy and tool buying by getting them them some nice stuff. So it's just not in the cards for me right now. That and the 18 hour each way drive. But if it's still for sale in May or June, I'm there for you man!

Joe
Joe Kahan
C.E.O. Paradise and Warm Springs Railway
GE 23T Box Cab
Allen Chloe Project
M.O.W. Highrailer project
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

Patience, man, patience. This is really a small hobby overall, so the market for selling used equipment is quite limited. I've sold stuff before, and it usually takes 3 to 6 months to find the right buyer at the right price. If you really need to move it quick, then drop the price a couple of hundred bucks every couple of weeks until someone can't wait and takes it then.

Not saying that you have it priced wrong, but I've often seen that people think that what they have is worth a whole lot more than it really is. If you are patient and just keep putting it out there, then you should have it sold in the next 3 to 4 months, If you haven't sold it by June, then you have it priced too high.

That's my opinion anyway.
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Bring it to the Train Mountain Triennial and I'll bet you'll sell it in one day.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
wa6mdi

Post by wa6mdi »

It is sold.