Current temp 4 degrees

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

stephenc

Current temp 4 degrees

Post by stephenc »

It's currently 4 degrees here in my part of Ohio , low temp tonight is -1
Tomarows high is expected to be 6 with a low of -5.
It's been cold as heck for the last two weeks , I know it gets colder in other places here in the lower 48 but this is cold enough for me .

I haven't left the house much in the last two weeks , I stay pretty occupied shoving wood in the stove trying to stay warm . I've burned up about a cord since the cold snap started , that's usually enough to last me 6 weeks or so .
neanderman

Re: Current temp 4 degrees

Post by neanderman »

It's about the same down here on the banks of the mighty Ohio.

I've not ventured out much of late, either. Once the holidays passed, I became a hermit once more. 8)
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

64 here in Phoenix at 9pm . Been running 10 or so above normal for the last few weeks.
www.chaski.com
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

John Evans wrote:64 here in Phoenix at 9pm . Been running 10 or so above normal for the last few weeks.
Rub it in, will ya! :D Right now, my outside thermometer is sitting at -1° F and is slowly falling. It's predicted we'll make it down to -10° F overnight. Furnace, don't fail me now! :shock:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

My water pump froze out last night shutting off my morning shower. The pressure line to the switch is only an 1/8 inch and when it ices out prevents the switch from kicking on. The negative 15 below and wind got through the milkhouse heater defense and insulation to shut me down. It self corrected by about 10 am and is running normally now.

This does not happen often only with violent wind and the door unsealed to the pump room. Another item left un done for the winter preparation list this year, due to a health excursion.

Batteries in tractors are exposed to severe cold also rathER than on tricklers or inside storage. Ranger is down, not started in a month. Sunday will be predicted 30 plus temps so a roundup is in store. to get things in shape again.

I LOVE INDIANA DURING ICE AND SNOW
ITS BLOWIN ABOUT FORTY, WIND CHILL 35 BELOW.
THE SNOW IS LIKE PELLETS ON MY FROSTED WINDOWS AGLOW,
HAULING ANOTHER LOAD OF WOOD, KEEPS MY BOOTS FROZEN THO.

THE DOGS LOOK AT THE DOOR WAY, LIKE I HAVE COMMITED A SIN,
CAUSE I DIDNT HURRY OVER JUST TO LET THEM IN.
THE CAT IS ALL FLUFFY, NO OUTSIDE FOR HIM.
HOW I LOVE INDIANA, THE WINTER IS GRIM.

I'D GO TO FLORIDA , OR SOME OTHER WARM PLACE,
IF NOT FOR THE FACT, I'M FROZEN IN PLACE.
THE SNOWBIRDS HAVE GIVEN A REPORT ON THE PLACE
THE TEMPS HAVE FALLEN AND ALMOST KEPT PACE.

I FITFULLY SLEEP UNDER THE COMFORTER MADE,
TO KEEP ME N MOM WARM WITH ELECTRIC ALL PAID.
WITH THE FOOLISH YOUTH, PLAYIN SNOW RIDE,
I JUST PARK UNDER COVERS, CURL UP AND HIDE.

GETTING OLD IN INDIANA IS NO MAGIC RIDE,
I THINK I'LL JUST COWER, COVER UP AND HIDE.
SPRING WILL COME, AND MAKE THINGS ANEW,
EVEN IF IT MAKES MOUNTAINS OF MUD LIKE GLUE

DID I SAY I LOVE WINTER, WITH ITS COLD FROSTY NOTE?
PEOPLE DOWN SOUTH MUST THINK IT A JOKE,
ITS WARMER IN ALASKA THAN IT IS IN MAINE,
IN TEXAS WE ARE HAVING FROZEN RAIN

I LOVE INDIANA , WHEN ITS ICE AND SNOW, I CANT DECIDE WHERE ELSE TO GO
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

Meanwhile up north here we are looking forward to it getting up to the temperatures you mention. The 544 I use to feed hay every day has blown a head gasket so I had to put the chains on the 560 last week. Outside. At -15F. The chains weigh about 100lb each. Oh, and the 560 also turned out to have a flat (front) tire and a fuel line clog.

Next week I get to pull the head on the 544. It's going to be warm, though: double digits above zero!

My plumbing all works, though.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Forty here. I love this weather because I can work outside without getting soaked in sweat.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Abnormally warm and dry in northern NM, which means our current daily range is 22F low to 55F high. No snow or rain for almost 100 days.

Be glad to take some cold and snow if you can find a way to ship it!
stephenc

Post by stephenc »

If I could ship it ... you'd have it !

With the sun out I am reveling in the fact that I can get my house warmed up to 73 .
I sure am hoping the weatherman is right and it warms up Sunday . I'd like to be able to get the shop warmed up again and tinker around . Cabin fever is setting in .