Railroad supply switch Engine

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

trivettj

Railroad supply switch Engine

Post by trivettj »

Could anyone give me a idea of how much a fully restored like new railroad supply switch Engine is worth? It has a new engine and everything on it but needs a new body. Any help would be appreciated
trivettj

Re: Railroad supply switch Engine

Post by trivettj »

_20171116_192533.JPG
trivettj

Post by trivettj »

I was able to get 1 picture to upload if that helps anyone to know how much it is worth if anyone could give me any idea of what it's worth would be great I have not seen one of these forsale so I don't know the value it's a new 4 hp Briggs and Stratton Engine and it's hydraulic drive.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Sorry, I'm no help with evaluating your engine, but I would like to make a couple comments that all readers need to consider. Please understand this message is not directed towards you, but readers in general.

Posting pictures that large isn't well received by this board. It makes no sense to post something that consumes that amount of space when a resized picture would serve perfectly well, and would also permit more pictures to be posted. While the picture is reduced to a thumbnail for display, the full size is still stored on the server, which does NOT have infinite storage capacity. We risk losing the ability to enjoy this board if readers don't cooperate, or limits may be established that some may find unreasonable. It's up to us to make sure that doesn't happen.

To all:
Resize pictures, including shrinking file size. There's no reason why pictures thousands of pixels in width and file sizes that exceed a few hundred kb in size should be required. File sizes of even less than 100 kb offer quite good resolution, assuming the picture isn't blurry before resizing. The sole exception might be when fine detail is required, but even then, cropping a picture still allows for a large view with limited file size.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

A brand new ready run unit is $3350, but the new ones are electric.

Jim B
trivettj

Post by trivettj »

Thanks for the reply I do not know how to resize pictures or anything that's why I never post pictures on here I'm always afraid to do something wrong and here is a good example I did mess up and post it wrong sorry about that.
makinsmoke

Post by makinsmoke »

You can resize photos in any of the image programs, and even in Paint.

In Paint use the stretch/skew function.
makinsmoke

Post by makinsmoke »

Save and use the resized photo under a new name and keep the original.
B&OBob

Post by B&OBob »

There is another forum, called Riding Scale, defined as, "propulsion by anything other than steam."
Maybe that's where the question should be, and it might yield more appropriate infromation there as well.
B&O Bob
trivettj

Post by trivettj »

I always forget about the riding scale railroad part of the forum I have always been into actual steam locomotives so I forget to post on there but I will try that now thank you.