mhp s-24, st. louis

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

DENNIS23T

mhp s-24, st. louis

Post by DENNIS23T »

Has anybody converted there mhp mill to centroid control? Is there anybody from the St Louis area using centroid controls.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: mhp s-24, st. louis

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

I had to go search what it was. It appears to be a CNC knee mill. Do you own this machine? Does it have a tool changer?
Tool changers add a level of complexity but doable with Centroid controls. What are you hoping to accomplish and at what budget? Is the machine operational now or dead control?
Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
DENNIS23T

Post by DENNIS23T »

I am back, got busy and computer issues. Yes it is just a knee mill. The control is dead. The plan is to get it going with the all in one conversion without the tool changer to start with. Phase 2 will be adding the tool changer and maybe rigid tapping. the machine already has good servo motors and encoder. (don't know how well the encoders will work as they are 2540 / rev.) Are you the Marty that has the videos on u-tube? I have watched all of those. Learned a lot. Thanks.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

DENNIS23T wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:10 pm I am back, got busy and computer issues. Yes it is just a knee mill. The control is dead. The plan is to get it going with the all in one conversion without the tool changer to start with. Phase 2 will be adding the tool changer and maybe rigid tapping. the machine already has good servo motors and encoder. (don't know how well the encoders will work as they are 2540 / rev.) Are you the Marty that has the videos on u-tube? I have watched all of those. Learned a lot. Thanks.
AIO DC will work and can be expaned on when ready.
Yup one and the same. martyscncgarage on YouTube
Keep us posted here and on the Centroid User forums of your progress!
Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"