Let's fill in the gaps (Future Injectors)

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

Let's fill in the gaps (Future Injectors)

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi everyone,

First off, I had a great time meeting so many of you at Train Mountain! It was nice to put faces to names, and I met a lot of great new people!

Over the next few months I plan to focus on the projects I've already announced: Nathan 1921 Starter Valve, 1918A Injector, the 2.5" scale Monitor injectors, and the Nathan 4000C.

BUT, I want to let you all know what my intentions are for the future of my basic injector line. The goal is to have a range of injectors to suit most of the locomotives in our hobby, from 3/4" to 3.75" scales. To do this, my plan is to eventually add two more injectors to the lineup.

There are a lot of medium sized locomotives for which the Standard Injector is a little too big, but the Small Scales injector is too small. For these engines, I'll be adding my Intermediate Injector with a delivery rate of 3.75 pints per minute, putting it exactly half way between my two current offerings.

For those massive locomotives with large boilers, the Standard Injector might do the job, but perhaps at a pace that'll make any engineer nervous. For these engines, I'll be introducing my Large Injector with a delivery rate of 8 pints per minute, 60% more than the Standard Injector's 5 pints per minute.

At the moment, I'm not going to put an estimated delivery date on the two additions to the product line. I don't yet have a firm grasp on how long things take now that I'm doing this full time, and I want to get the other projects finished first. (1921 starter valves are next!)

Thank you to everyone who has supported my venture thus far!
Anthony Duarte
Eccentric Engineer

Eccentric Engineer Injector Lineup
Eccentric Engineer Injector Lineup
Steve Alley

Re: Let's fill in the gaps (Future Injectors)

Post by Steve Alley »

So two year ago we were wondering if your Injectors would work, Not only they work but deliver at lower pressure and more volume. That was the standard one you first put out. Now You have three in the line up and a fourth one coming. Also Starting valves come down the line. You also mention about side check valves that you may make. Anthony you are amazing. We are very fortunate to have in the Hobby. Your prices are in line also. You say your going to make something and do and also on time. Do You ever sleep? Must be nice to be young!!
All I can say is the hobby is so lucky to have you involve. Keep up the good work and quality.
Thank You
Steve Alley
Allen Models.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Looking forward to the 2.5" scale injecter!

Mountaineer.
robertdean

Post by robertdean »

Anthony, I wish to buy 2 of your Standard Injectors for 5/16" lines. Call me at 239 229 6564 for shipping and CC or check sending info. Bob Dean
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

robertdean wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:22 am Anthony, I wish to buy 2 of your Standard Injectors for 5/16" lines. Call me at 239 229 6564 for shipping and CC or check sending info. Bob Dean
the best way to order is using his website
https://www.eccentricengineer.com/injec ... d-injector
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
reubenT

Post by reubenT »

I could use one of the large ones as well, alternative to the pressure washer pump run off the engine with auto air conditioner clutch. (ofeldt watertube boiler and westinghouse high speed enclosed crank engine.) I have electric signals from modified spark plug water level sensors to control water level, lighting LED's for a sight level gauge. So adding an electric steam solenoid valve to a penberthy injector would automate the feed water for stationary running. https://wicvalve.com/1-2-Inch-Brass-Hig ... -1-2-D.htm Small water capacity with high evaporation rate means frequent water injection needed.
Ken Schroeder

Post by Ken Schroeder »

I will be interested in your 1/4" NPT injector for my 3 3/4" locomotive.

Ken
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Put together the Large and Intermediate prototype injectors this week.
Looking forward to showing them at the Riverside fall meet this coming weekend!

Large, Standard, Intermediate, Small
Large, Standard, Intermediate, Small

Anthony
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Anthony...

Sorry to say, I'm not in the market for injector(s) at this time. There's no doubt though, you have created an impressive line up of injector hardware to fit most hobby miniature boiler needs. You are to be applauded for your efforts to fill a much needed niche.

The quality of products coming from your shop (and other shops too) could not have been imagined 20-30-40 years ago. Technology today has allowed much improved casting and machining abilities. Looking forward to see what other "jewelry" comes from the Eccentric Engineer shops. Best...Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!