A GREAT DAY AT THE PLS

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Trainman4602

A GREAT DAY AT THE PLS

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi All
I had a great day today at the Pennsylvania Live Steamers annual club Picnic. My Daughter Katie came down from Brooklyn. It was great to see her. She hasn't ridding the trains since she was a young girl. We had a great time . Something I'll always remember.

The 1361 ran flawlessly all day . At one point with a fully loaded train and at full throttle she lifted both safety valves while both injectors were on WOW! what a locomotive.

Yea that is me with the Buddha Gut. The result of eating 25 tomato pies during my experimentation.
Attachments
20180714_152039.jpg
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
B&OBob

Re: A GREAT DAY AT THE PLS

Post by B&OBob »

Dave - Sorry I cannot navigate around at Rahns anymore. I would like to have seen 1561 in its new paint job.
No more tomato pies for six months!
B&OBob
Rob Gardner

Post by Rob Gardner »

Dave,

Great to see your daughter enjoying a nice day steaming and running the 1361 with you. 25 tomato pies? Never heard of those before. Something unique to Jersey, lol? Working on my gut as well, lol.

Rob
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi Rob
Tomato Pie is indigenous to Trenton. The place where I always went to get one moved out of town and into the suburbs. Of course the price went thru the roof. I have made the duplicate pie in my home oven. If you want to see how it is made go to my You Tube channel.
I would post a picture but it is not in keeping with the format here.
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

There is a guy up here in CT who is advertising Tomato Pies and you prompted me to 'go look them up'.

the concept appears to be all over the place from something that looks like pizza to something that looks like apple pie with the obvious substitution of internal ingredients.

I can understand eating 'too many'.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.