E J Paul - Inglewood, California 1/2" scale Pacific (B&O President)

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Comstock-Friend

E J Paul - Inglewood, California 1/2" scale Pacific (B&O President)

Post by Comstock-Friend »

In my large pile of drawings I've acquired over the years, I've come across a set of 1/2" Pacific (B&O P7 President Class, 5300 President Washington) drawn by E J Paul of Inglewood, California. These are a very detailed set, close attention to prototype detail. They were drawn approx 1943 through 1945. There are some 50 plus prints.

Any of the old timers (guess I'm one of those now!) have any info on Mr. Paul?

I do have some 1/2" loco frames (one piece) and stuff, I'll have to see if they are for these prints.
100_0952 small.jpg
100_0953small.jpg
Think there would be some interest in these?

John Friend
Pontiacguy1

Re: E J Paul - Inglewood, California 1/2" scale Pacific (B&O President)

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

That's cool! Wonder why he would draw these up when there was already the H.J. Coventry 1/2" scale B&O President class drawings available? I know some were absolute sticklers for detail like that and would have to have everything just the way they wanted it.

I would love to have a set if they became available. I happen to have a Coventry Pacific in 1/2" scale as well.
Cary Stewart

Post by Cary Stewart »

For those who don't know who this is Eugene Paul was a co-founder and the 1st pres. of the Los Angeles Live Steamers. He along with many other early members were from the So. Cal. Live Steamers that held forth at the Little Engines facility in Lomita, CA.
Cary
Comstock-Friend

Post by Comstock-Friend »

Thanks Cary, I guess I could have opened my LALS Roster and found that out myself! He must have passed before I joined in 1978, so I never met the man...
John