EE Product Updates - 5/3/19

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

EE Product Updates - 5/3/19

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a general update on what's happening in the EE shops.

EE Injectors
Next on my to-do list is the EE Large Injector (for 1/4" NPT pipe). This first batch will consist of 80 injectors if I don't scrap any. I expect to have them ready in June. If you are interested in one let me know! They will be $500 each. 1 Gallon per minute, 40-200PSI, lifting as always.

The Small, Intermediate, and Standard injectors are sold out, and will remain sold out until the Nathan 1918A and Nathan Monitor injectors are complete. I really want to get the Nathans to market, as I've been promising them for quite some time. I hope to restock the Standard injectors at the end of this year or early next.

1" Scale Safety Valves
I have 172 safety valve bodies at the foundry now. My goal is to have them ready before the FLLS 50th anniversary meet in August.
The prototype valve worked great on my 1" pacific at the LALS steam meet in March.

Nathan 1918A Injectors
Sample castings for the 1918A came out beautifully as well, so I will be moving forward on production of the 1918A's as soon as the Large Injectors are complete. Realistically they may be available in the September/October time frame.

Nathan Monitor Injectors
Challenging is an understatement with this project! Getting good castings has so far been impossible. I've made a new mold (3rd time is the charm) that seems to be shooting good waxes repeatably, and has some small changes that will hopefully yield better castings. If this gets sorted out, the 2.5" scale Monitors will be available before the end of this year.

1.6" Westinghouse Cross Compound Pumps
I recieved some sample castings for the XCompounds, and I'm very happy with the casting quality. I need to fix a few things on my end to get better quality waxes, but they came out beautifully and the bronze machines very nicely. I hope to have casting kits available soon.
IMG_1617.jpg
"Leach" Sander Fittings
The castings for the sander fittings came out great. I will get these threaded and delivered soon. I have a few extra sets if anyone is interested. $40 for a pair, threaded 7/32"-40.
IMG_1618.jpg

Anthony
www.EccentricEngineer.com
FLtenwheeler

Re: EE Product Updates - 5/3/19

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Thanks for the update.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
partime

Post by partime »

Received a starting valve from Anthony a few weeks ago. Super prompt and such a quality piece. I am grateful for his investment in the hobby.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Interested in a 2.5" scale Nathan Moniter.

Mountaineer
ALCOSTEAM

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

Do you think you will be doing an injector bigger than the 1/4" size. Between larger locomotives, steam tractors, and other steam driving things I think there would be a decent market for a 3/8 and maybe 1/2".
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

Time for another CNC Mill :-) Maybe a tombstone fixture too??? :mrgreen:
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

3/8" Penberthy injectors are still available.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Anthony:
Are those pump castings from new patterns, or older castings being re-introduced?
Just curious. They look good!
~RN
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

They are older castings being reintroduced. Molds were made by Ed Yungling in the 80’s.
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

FLtenwheeler wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:59 am 3/8" Penberthy injectors are still available.

Tim
Sure, if you want to pawn off your children and grandchildren. :roll:
NP317

Post by NP317 »

AnthonyDuarte wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:13 pm They are older castings being reintroduced. Molds were made by Ed Yungling in the 80’s.
Thank you, Anthony.
They should be beauties!
~RN
ALCOSTEAM

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

FLtenwheeler wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:59 am 3/8" Penberthy injectors are still available.

Tim
This I already know