Another Green Godess

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Greg_Lewis

Another Green Godess

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Here ya go, Marty. Another one, at the RH & D RR in Kent, England. Freshly shopped, it's beautiful and sounds as good as it looks.
IMG_8833.JPG

IMG_8840.JPG

The interesting looking lubricator.
IMG_8844.JPG
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
elm53

Re: Another Green Godess

Post by elm53 »

There was a Green Godess built for 71/2" gauge on the west coast. It was ,I believe a half sized version of the R,H&D loco.
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

I'm jealous, Greg! I've always wanted to see the Romney!
And yes, she is where I got (stole) the name for my Green Goddess.
Attachments
IMG_9315.JPG
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Marty et al.:

It was an interesting albeit not that senic ride. Most of the view was of the r.o.w. fences. The top speed was 25 mph. That's the fastest I've been on anything less than 36" gauge. Feels like 50 mph. It's a mostly straight run of about 14 miles down to a place called Dungeness, a scenery-deprived spot at the coast that sports two lighthouses and a decomissioned nuclear power plant. But the r.r. is user friendly and you are welcomed into the interlocking towers and shops. Cab rides are available as is throttle pulling but those are pricey. The line runs all year and the engineer is in the weather regardless; ours said he's been out there in 60 m.p.h. winds and driving rain and sleet. The snow plow is so rarely used they never remember exactly how it attaches to the diesel used for that work. They have 11 steamers and one diesel. The one section of single track is controlled by posession of a paddle. I most certainly recommend a visit by anyone who makes it to England.

We're done with trains ( :( ) — today it's Dover Castle. Tomorrow the service at Canterbury Cathedral (Even though I'm not religious a service at a European cathedral is not to be missed.), then home.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Greg_Lewis wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:55 am We're done with trains ( :( ) — today it's Dover Castle. Tomorrow the service at Canterbury Cathedral (Even though I'm not religious a service at a European cathedral is not to be missed.), then home.
Greg...some people refer to such church services as ..."insurance"! :roll: Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!