Where are model bolts available

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

tom stamey

Where are model bolts available

Post by tom stamey »

Looking for 4-40, 5-40, 6-32 model bolts by the hundreds at reasonable prices. Anyone know of a source.? Thanks

Tom Stamey
tomstamey@sbcglobal.net
765nkp

Re: Where are model bolts available

Post by 765nkp »

American Model Engineering. Everything I have ordered from them is nice, and fast shipping too.
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Tom,
American Model Eng'g Supply was taken over by Wayne Godshall. If you go to Wayne's website: http://www.godshallscustommachining.com/ you'll find a link there to the AMES part of the business. Should find a complete listing of all model bolt sizes and various lengths as well as nuts. All available in either brass, steel or stainless. As noted, they're quick to ship if they have the desired sizes/materials in stock. Be prepared, if you have a lengthy list, the total cost adds up fast. Never hurts to have a few extra nuts and bolts around. Just sayin'... Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

ccvstmr wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:18 pm...never hurts to have a few extra nuts...around.
Definitely no shortage of them! :D
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

Micro Fasteners also sell those sizes.

My recommendation is use the stainless steel ones where any strength and corrosion resistance is needed. I only use brass for decorative purposes mostly. But hex heads may be larger than American Model Engineering.

You can get stainless small hex nuts from McMaster-Carr. They carry a reduced size hex series mostly used in electronics industry.

Rob
tom stamey

Post by tom stamey »

I went to Godshaw's web but there is no listing of AMES parts and prices. So I emailed him for one.
steamup

Post by steamup »

The AMES website is still up and running. Order form is to Godshaw's address. Note the price list is out date but they will notify of any price increases at order.

http://www.americanmodeleng.com/id41.html