New detail Parts specials from the backshop

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Highiron

New detail Parts specials from the backshop

Post by Highiron »

This week's specials from the Backshop

With all of us feeling like these are turning into dog days I figured I would put some smoke box door dogs up for sale door dog number 1, 2 & 4 are normally $6.50 each on sale for $5 each

Door dog number 3 is normally $7.25 on sale for $6.00 each this door dog is commonly used for throttle inspection/ superheater plates and such on top of your Smoke Box

Quantities are limited to what is currently in stock and first come first serve free shipping on all orders of 8 or more pieces
20200419_104814~2.jpg

Next set of items are Timken and SKF bearing covers

Large-diameter Timken and SKF covers investment cast in brass or normally $21 each super sale priced at $16 each free shipping on 4 or more pieces

Small-diameter Timken bearing cover investment cast in aluminum normally $11 each on sale for $8 each free shipping on 4 or more pieces

Sale price is good for stock currently in inventory

20200419_111008~2.jpg

This week's last special is my pensi style handrail stanchion these are normally $8 each sale price of $6 each free shipping on orders of 8 or more pieces
20200419_121850~2.jpg
Sell limited too inventory currently in stock

To order please send me an email to the address below please include your name complete mailing address and a phone number Send email to highiron@aol.com

Free shipping only applies to the lower 48

Thank you and everyone stay safe out there

Mike Venezia
Wichita Narrow Gauge

Re: New detail Parts specials from the backshop

Post by Wichita Narrow Gauge »

Hello Mike
Are the Dimension shown in the smoke box dog photo the approximate rough casting dimension or the finished dimensions?
Philip G
Wichita Narrow Gauge

Post by Wichita Narrow Gauge »

Hello Mike

I didn't notice the date of your post before I Replied to you

Do you possibly have have eight of the Dog4 Smoke Box Clamps floating around?

If so, What would your price be at this time
Highiron

Post by Highiron »

Phil I got your email and will answer you there the sale is still on until inventory is depleted and the dimensions are as cast generally they just need a little cleanup and dimensions will change minimally
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

Got the TMK5-15T covers from Mike last Summer. My son and I are building him a 4-wheel electric switcher, and we thought that these would dress up the axle boxes a little bit. We finally have gotten around to making the axle boxes and adding the covers. They worked great and were just the size we needed. The face of the axle box is 1.750" x 1.750", to give you an idea of the size of the covers. They are held in place by six #4-40 bolts. The oil filler is a #4-40 acorn nut held in place with a #4-40 setscrew. These are really nice castings, which require a minimum of cleanup. I am sure that I will be using them again in the future.
20210220_143835b.jpg