1/4 scale v8

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

jimmonce

1/4 scale v8

Post by jimmonce »

does anyone have info on where to get plans for a 1/4 scale v8
or castings ?
where do i start
pace1980

Post by pace1980 »

Try checking over at the FAME site, those guys have built everything....

http://www.floridaame.org/
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I saw a kit on one of the sites but cant remember which one I will see if I can fid it and let you know . Thay had a lot of stuff may have bookmarked it will look Tom
ronm

How about this one?

Post by ronm »

http://www.nvbackflow.com/engines/index/html
I've seen others, that's the only one I can find right now...
ronm

messed that up, lets try this:

Post by ronm »

1/4 scale V-8

Post by Guest »

Hello, Challenger, 1" b & s at Coles' Power Models, 805-643-7065
giacomo28

1/4 Scale V8

Post by giacomo28 »

Jim-

Don't know if you would be interested in a quarter-scale V8 aero engine, but
Woking Precision Models in England has plans for a very nice one by Eric Whittle from barstock, four-stroke, air-cooled, glow ignition, which I am going to be doing at 2X the size...the thing will end up at about 7" in length, (and somewhere around 45 cc) which makes it just about the size of most of the quarter-scale ones I've seen. You can get a good look at it in color at wokingprecisionmodels.com . Can't really be called a quarter-scale, since it is a prototype, not a model of an existing full-size engine, but it's a beauty! You can also get a series construction article from Model Engineer if you can find their URL (they are a bit on the reticent side). Actually, the complete drawings are in the construction article, so you can save yourself 12 Pounds (almost $20) if you can get the article reprints. They are pretty cheap.
Best of luck! If you like the look of it and can't get the article, mebbe we could arrange for me to copy it off for you. : :D