Help with pipe connection & terminology

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Bill Shields

Re: Help with pipe connection & terminology

Post by Bill Shields »

Sorry...it was just intended to be an example of available configurations
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Bill Shields wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:04 pm Sorry...it was just intended to be an example of available configurations
No problem, Bill. Just wanted to ensure that seal killer didn't order it so he'd have yet another valve that was troublesome to hook up.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

When I come to problems like this and sourcing the right part is a problem or it takes too much of an effort, I am quick to go the route of using the machines I have to thread, rethread, turn, bore out or silver solder the pieces together.
As a matter of fact, I was in a similar predicament 20 minutes ago. Needed to join two 1/2" copper pipes with a flex link. This time I found all the pieces at Home Depot, an historical event.
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX