Conway Scenic Railfan Weekend

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Kevin Gilliam
Conductor

Conway Scenic Railfan Weekend

Postby Kevin Gilliam » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:16 pm

On September 14-15, 2013, Conway Scenic Railroad in North Conway, NH held their annual Railfan Weekend. Here’s a little bit from the morning of the 14th. The main draw for us was the relatively rare appearance of Canadian National 0-6-0 #7470 under steam. Although long trips were operated up the mountain through Crawford Notch to Hazens, the steam engine was confined to the lower end of the line operating the regular tourist run between North Conway and Conway, along with one trip to Bartlett each day during the mid-day high sun.
The 7470 will go down in 2014, and the rumor mill suggests she will not return, so get your pictures while you can!

Glen NB small.jpg
Glen NB small.jpg (256.45 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Bartlett small.jpg
Bartlett small.jpg (274.88 KiB) Viewed 943 times

Photographically, the best consist operated was a diesel freight between North Conway and Bartlett with the apparently recently-painted 1751 in New York Central-ish livery. For those who think I’m going crazy shooting diesels (and I’m sure there are a few), rest assured that it was basically a scouting run for the steam and I didn’t miss anything in the process!
Kevin

Attitash small.jpg
Attitash small.jpg (376.75 KiB) Viewed 943 times

Return to “General Discussion”