Holy Cow! A train on the BNSF Brookfield sub!!

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

BurlingtonJohn
Conductor

Holy Cow! A train on the BNSF Brookfield sub!!

Postby BurlingtonJohn » Tue May 16, 2017 11:11 pm

For reasons unknown to me, BNSF no longer runs much traffic (if any at all) on the former CB&Q line from West Quincy to Brookfield, Missouri. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can speak to the whys and what fors.

This afternoon, I had just exited the local watering hole in Palmyra Missouri after consuming a few chilled beverages. I heard a whistle for an eastbound. The chase was on.

For your consideration is BNSF 7429 eastbound at the Rock Cut Bridge over US-61 just north of Palmyra. It’s interesting that the BN sign on the bridge is still there ….

Regards,
Burlington John
DSC_1931.jpg

Mark D
Conductor

Re: Holy Cow! A train on the BNSF Brookfield sub!!

Postby Mark D » Wed May 17, 2017 9:13 am

So, what sort of train was it? Mixed freight, tanks, coal... Were there a lot of cars carrying rails? If so, they might be rehabbing the line. Or they're doing work on another route and are using this as a detour.
Are you in that area often? If not, maybe they do run more trains than you might have thought.

Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Return to “General Discussion”