Soo Line 2719 May Be Returning To Wisconsin

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

John Bohon
Conductor

Re: Soo Line 2719 May Be Returning To Wisconsin

Postby John Bohon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:26 pm

The more I read about this the more I am convinced it is a case of we want our toy back and you can't have it. I know of a locomotive that would be a perfect fit on a famous tourist railroad. The locomotive is owned by a city that would be damned if they were going to let it go to another city even in the same state. The locomotive has been sitting while others ran for 25 years or more. To many people in this world believe what is ours is ours and what is yours is ours.

John Bohon

Mark D
Conductor

Re: Soo Line 2719 May Be Returning To Wisconsin

Postby Mark D » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:56 am

And that might just be what the groupthink in the city council got into. One person wants to 'love it to death' and the others follow suit.
All I can say about the engine is, Good luck in your new digs - you're going to need it.

But what is the big deal on this engine and Eau Claire, WI? Is there some special reason they want to lay claim to it other than it was there at some point in time?
Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Return to “General Discussion”