Private Messages

For discussions that drift from original topic.
An informal area for conversations, humor and observations that aren't necessarily strictly railroad related. No discussion of politics or religion. Ads are not permitted.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Fitz
Conductor

Private Messages

Postby Fitz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Can someone tell me what I do wrong with PMs? I type the message and click on Submit, and it disappears. The addressee never gets it..

Charles T. McCullough
Conductor

Re: Private Messages

Postby Charles T. McCullough » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:54 pm

I just tried to send you a message and at present it shows that it is still in the OUTBOX. I assume it is waiting for some point when it will send it, and then it will disappear from my OUTBOX and end up in your INBOX.

If you get my PM, try to respond to it and let me know that you did here.

If you don't get it by, say tomorrow, respond here that you didn't get it .

The idea here is to see if PMs work at all or if it is only your end not able to send or not able to initiate a new message or whatever.
Semper Vaporo,
Charles T. McCullough

Pkgs.

Fitz
Conductor

Postby Fitz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Charles, I did get it, and thank you. I tried a response, and let me know if it goes through to you. When a reply to a PM comes up, the originator's name shows with an X, and there is also a box to add someone. I have tried selecting the person with the X plus typing the name into the box. And, as you said, it shows up in the Outbox, but never gets to the person. If you go to Outbox, I see no option there to SEND it.

Charles T. McCullough
Conductor

Postby Charles T. McCullough » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:12 pm

The name with the "X" is to delete the name from the "TO:" list. you can add other names to the list using the text box and the search button.

If you clicked the "X" then there would be no one in the "TO:" list and I assume the message would just sit waiting for you to put a name in the list.
Semper Vaporo,
Charles T. McCullough

Pkgs.

Charles T. McCullough
Conductor

Postby Charles T. McCullough » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Also... I think a message may sit in the OUTPUT until the person logs-in and goes to their INBOX, so you know when it finally gets to them. Not sure if they have to actually open it for it to no longer be listed in the OUTBOX.
Semper Vaporo,
Charles T. McCullough

Pkgs.

Mark D
Conductor

Postby Mark D » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 pm

All I can say is that it must be some sort of operator trouble, or something in the settings. I receive and send a fair number of PM's and they all come and go just fine.
Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Fitz
Conductor

Postby Fitz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Mark, do either of your old email addresses still work? I have sent you recent messages on both of them.

Return to “Roundhouse discussions”