New Member to The Home Machinist Forum

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

trooperjake

New Member to The Home Machinist Forum

Post by trooperjake »

:) Hi everyone: I just joined your community. I will need a lot of help and advise.
I retired 2 years ago and am a hobby machinist and gunsmith, just in case I need something to do, I spend a lot of time on the rifle and pistol range.
I have been a long time rifle competitor, attending the Nationals at Camp Perry over 20 times, and have shot on International teams.
I have a Bridgeport Mill, J head, a Grizzly G4003G Gunsmith Lathe and an Acra Surface Grinder, plus an array of grinders and belt sanders.
I am pretty well tooled, collecting tooling for 9 years.
I am presently building a Ruger 1022 into a target rifle, and re-making my front benchrest stand for F Class matches.
I am looking for any Machinists and Hobby Gunsmiths in the Cookeville, TN area, to share similar interests.
Gunbuilder

Welcome

Post by Gunbuilder »

trooperjake,
Welcome!

Yes, I post on the General Discussion board also.

Thanks,
Paul
bigmike3412

Re: New Member to The Home Machinist Forum

Post by bigmike3412 »

I know this is a year old post, but I just moved to Cookeville and I have a little machine shop. I'm still in the process of getting my equipment moved up here from Tullahoma. I'm more into machining steam and IC engines. If there are any machinists around the area let me know. Its nice meeting more experienced people!
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Hey Mike! Dont be afraid to step out with a new post! We are mostly a friendly bunch.

Where is Cookeville?

You can add an approximate local to your heading or by line, it sometimes accentuates networking with people in your neck-o-the-woods.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Al_Messer

Post by Al_Messer »

Cookeville is app. 75 miles East of Nashville right smack on I-40 at Exit 286. You can't miss it.
Al Messer

"One nation, under God"