Harbor Freight Titanium Multi-Process Welder

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveHGraham

Harbor Freight Titanium Multi-Process Welder

Post by SteveHGraham »

I don't know if anyone else here has had the courage to try a Harbor Freight Titanium welder, but I just used mine again today, and I recommend it wholeheartedly. My other MIG is a Lincoln 180C, and it's fine, but it sucks more electricity, it's less powerful, it's much heavier, and it's clumsier to use. Also, the Titanium does TIG and stick as well as MIG.

I don't know how long the Titanium will last, but at the moment, I love using it. I paid $640, which is not bad at all.

Today I made part of a mount for a spray boom for my golf cart. The Titanium's light gun is very easy to maneuver. I squirted the metal right where I wanted it. Maybe it won't last as long as a Lincoln, but I can always replace it if it cracks up.

The Vulcan welding cart I bought is tremendous. I've had a Lincoln, two Eastwoods, and the Vulcan, and the Vulcan is absolutely perfect. It's sturdy, it's an ergonomic masterpiece, and you can get one for $90.

I'll post photos of the part I made. I love this welder.
09 30 19 sprayer boom support 01 welded up small.jpg
09 30 19 sprayer boom support 03 painted drying small.jpg
I used a Dumore hand grinder to deburr the insides of the drill holes. So much better than a Dremel.
Attachments
09 30 19 sprayer boom support 02 in cart receiver small.jpg
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.