Thermadyne Cutmaster 38/50/51 Help

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

tphaake

Thermadyne Cutmaster 38/50/51 Help

Post by tphaake »

I want to buy the Thermadyne Cutmaster 38 but got to looking on their web site to see what was available in the way of the next larger machine. I thought I might be wanting a machine with a little more ummmph some day. Their web site lists the Cutmaster 38 and the Cutmaster 51. I did a search for 38s and found a number of internet "deals" but had no luck on the Cutmaster 51. I did find Cutmaster 50's. Does anyone know what the deal is with the model 50 versus the model 51 listed on the Thermadyne website? The cheapest model 50 so far seems to be ebay at a buy now $1,515 with free shipping.

Thanks, Tim
Scott

Re: Thermadyne Cutmaster 38/50/51 Help

Post by Scott »

Tim,
it looks like the torch is different between the two.Also the 51 is cnc ready with some options.I do see one thing that is important,and that is the torch cable is more flexible.I hate stiff torch leads. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/frown.gif"%20alt="[/img]

To me the 50/51 is the way to go.I have seen the 50 sever 1" thick steel.very impressive for a 40 amp machine.I have seen the 38 sever 3/4 also.Very slow,but it had enough arc length to do it.