Eastwood Tig 200 welder

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

WJH

Eastwood Tig 200 welder

Post by WJH »

Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it?
I want to use it for various live steam projects, welding frames, etc. Maybe even light duty production work.
http://www.eastwood.com/tig-welders-eas ... elder.html
WaveDude

Re: Eastwood Tig 200 welder

Post by WaveDude »

I have one and had all of about 1 hr of welding experience before getting it so...

It seems to work fine. My only complaints:
1) The torch supplied is only rated for 150 amps so use caution if you crank it all the way up to 200.
2) The machine-side fittings are non-standard metric--so you can't run down to the local welding supply and get a new hose. My gas/power hose had a small weak-spot/kink in it. Eastwood sent me a new one--same thing. I'm sure it comes from being tightly coiled up and stuffed into a bag for months on the slow boat-ride from China. I re-inforced the last one with some electrical tape.
3) The foot pedal is a bit clunky but does work. I would prefer one that your whole foot can rest on. This one likes to walk away from you.

Other than that--it works fine for what I wanted--a cheap machine I could learn on. The Tig is on sale now for $800.

I got the tig/plasma/cart deal a while back. Playing phone tag with Eastwood now on the Plasma that has developed an internal air leak.