washing welding gloves?

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

steamin10

Re: washing welding gloves?

Post by steamin10 »

Ya, really good on the jewelry thing guys. now that I am retired, I get to wear my Dads Hematite ring he gave me the year he died @ 62. Throughout my career, I have seen damage done by jewelry on the job, and was very adament to coworkers about storing it during work. In electrical work, you understand such adornments simply explode and take whatever the are attached to with it. A dog tag chain dropped onto a transformer lead and made a nice tatoo around my partners neck. It was ugly for about 6 weeks, nearly got us both fired. On, and on, I have stories. Dont do it! Live long, in peace.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

i must say the resistance to the no jewlery rules to this day amazes me.
we always issued and expected to be worn watch bands that cliped over the wrist, and issued each newbie a crown royal type bag to put suff in and protect it.

always told guys they could either learn to be safe 100% or expect thier friends to comfort thier widow in ways they may not aprove of if still alive :? usualy that got a couple hot heads in a class.

last night i treated a pair of tig gloves and washed them, will see how it went tonight.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Google "Kali Leather Life" and you'll find several sources, including FleaBay.

http://www.charlottes-saddlery.com/LTHRLIFE.htm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/300935879271?lpid=82

Looks interesting. I'll be looking forward to the report on the old boots.
Pete in NJ