Need some Sheetmetal help

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Need some Sheetmetal help

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

I need to make a fan shroud extension for my wife's Jeep. I recently installed a Chevy Vortec 4.3L V6 in it:
http://members.cox.net/val-escarcega/Jeep/jeep

The fan is set back from the orgina shroud. What I would like to find is someone that has a set of slip rolls and a bead roller and can make the round extension for me.

Its been really critical for me to try and make this entire installation factory looking. Adding to the shroud really can accomplish this really well but I figured if its done clean enough it will look good.

Any takers? :-)

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
Scott

Re: Need some Sheetmetal help

Post by Scott »

Marty,
I could ask Jeff if he has a bead roller and I might be able to handle the other part? Do you have a spot welder or would you want to weld up the seam?

Here is the first piece I rolled with my new toy. Shoot it looks almost like a fan shroud. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Marty,
I could ask Jeff if he has a bead roller and I might be able to handle the other part? Do you have a spot welder or would you want to weld up the seam?

Here is the first piece I rolled with my new toy. Shoot it looks almost like a fan shroud. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]

I saw that in another post. :-)
Its nothing more than a round extension. Though it would look cleaner with a step into the original shroud, rather than going around it. I think that really complicates it. I thought a bead might make it better looking. Maybe I should just make it out of think stainless huh? :-)

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
Scott

Post by Scott »

Maybe draw a picture and then we will both know what you are talking about? [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]Yea stainless would be good because it cost the same.Free!!!!!! Their scrap ss bin was totally full today. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/shocked.gif"%20alt="[/img] I even had some picked out and got side tracked like usual. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/frown.gif"%20alt="[/img]