Metal Chasers need

Home enthusiasts discuss their Foundry & Casting work.

Moderator: Harold_V

bub99bles

Metal Chasers need

Post by bub99bles »

Hey guys and gals!

I own a foundry in the heartland of America, it is one of the best in this great country, state of the art facility, induction furnace, blokiln, proto type, enlargement and reduction, the whole works! 25 employees and going strong, GREAT PAY, with solid benefits!!!!!!!!!!! Right now though I need metal chasers, godd metal chasers, don't even bother if you're not it your mind...if you are though, call this number ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-866-579-2700

peace!

Ask for Mark
MikeC

Re: Metal Chasers need

Post by MikeC »

"Right now though I need metal chasers, godd metal chasers, don't even bother if you're not it your mind..."

To quote the Red Bull commercial... "SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!"
18x72 L&S, Fosdick 3ft radial, Van Norman 2G bridgemill, Van Norman #12, K. O. Lee T&C grinder, Steptoe-Western 12X universal HS shaper, 16spd benchtop DP, Grob band filer, South Bend 10L
UnkaJesse

Post by UnkaJesse »

Yeah Mike, I got lost there myself, but maybe if you and I had need of metal chasers, we would know what is meant by the term.
Sort of like a 140 foot yacht, if you have to ask how much it costs to operate it, you can't afford it!!

Unka(I got some thread chasers, if that will help)Jesse
"The same hammer that breaks the glass, forges the steel" Russian proverb
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

I think the problem is that we are not it our mind. And we are probably not godd metal chasers.... The only metal I chase is those damned dropped set screws that roll up under the bench.
18x72 L&S, Fosdick 3ft radial, Van Norman 2G bridgemill, Van Norman #12, K. O. Lee T&C grinder, Steptoe-Western 12X universal HS shaper, 16spd benchtop DP, Grob band filer, South Bend 10L
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

In the words of PT Barnam: boy , you guys are ROUGH!. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
CCNJR

Post by CCNJR »

I assume you are not talking about chasing change across a parking lot. Maybe if you give a location and a better discription of the duties.You would get a more serious reply I have seen in smaller operations where you go from machine operator to chief urnal cleaner on the owners whim . An idea of the compensation would help to.
pat1027

Re: Metal Chasers

Post by pat1027 »

Metal Chaser; "One who decorates metal by engraving or embossing."

I've seen it used in the U.S. to refering to people working in foundries which produce sculpture. I assume to seperate them from the class of ordinary foundrymen. In eastern Europe it can refer to people producing bowls and trays from copper, brass etc or decorative work.
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Hmmm, I was starting to think it might be anyone who comes in fourth or worse in the olympics... no that'd be a medal chaser...

Could be a setup for the old prank phone call, too:

Hello?

Is your foundry currently running?

Yes.

Well, you'd better send a metal chaser to catch it! bwahahahahahaha ..... click.

Of course with caller ID, you can't have fun like that anymore.
UnkaJesse

Post by UnkaJesse »

What happened Mike, did someone with caller ID catch you doing some heavy breathing over the phone?? It stopped calls our daughter was getting as soon as the guy found out she was having a caller ID installed. Still don't know who he was since he never called after she got it working. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/tongue.gif"%20alt="[/img]

Unka(Don't leave home without it!)Jesse
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

No, your daughter never caught me... I mean, no I never got caught, I mean... ummm, uhh... Oh, just forget it. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/tongue.gif"%20alt="[/img]
UnkaJesse

Post by UnkaJesse »

And here I thought you was a good guy Mike. Just be glad our 6' 6" 250 pound son-in-law didn't get hold of you!

Unka(Actually son-in-law is a regular pussycat and wouldn't harm a fly)Jesse