shell core machines

Home enthusiasts discuss their Foundry & Casting work.

Moderator: Harold_V

todd goff

shell core machines

Post by todd goff » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 pm

I finally got a shell core machine yesterday (actually 2). They are both dependable machines and it looks like they are going to take a fair amount of work. One is a dependable s-100 and the other is a dependable s-200. I have no idea as to how these machines work and if anyone out there knows anything about them please let me know. The 100 looks to be complete but I had to spend about 2 hours today welding the mount for the shell box plate where it had been broke before. Then I wired it up to see how it did. It has 3 timers on it one says shell, another says cure and another says invest. One timer works and the other 2 don't and I am wondering what to do. I want to replace the 2 timers and I think that this will fix them but don't know where to find some like the ones that I have. They are 115 volt 60 hertz and one is 60 seconds and the other is 5 minutes. The 200 looks to be in a little bit better shape but it does not have the bells and whistles that the 100 has. If there are any ideas out there please let me know.