Vacuum Pump Oil

Home enthusiasts discuss their Foundry & Casting work.

Moderator: Harold_V

atlantic442

Vacuum Pump Oil

Post by atlantic442 »

Anybody know what kind of oil is used in vacuum pumps. The coupling between the motor and the pump on my table top unit fell apart. So, as long as it apart I thought I should change the oil.

Hans
david5605

Post by david5605 »

http://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Pump-Oil-Q ... B000X1E59S

:D

All kinds of google hits for vacuum pump oil.
gustavus

Re: Vacuum Pump Oil

Post by gustavus »

atlantic442 wrote:Anybody know what kind of oil is used in vacuum pumps. The coupling between the motor and the pump on my table top unit fell apart. So, as long as it apart I thought I should change the oil.

Hans

Any non detergent oil will work, hydraulic or ATF
www.chaski.com
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

any oil: TRUE, if you are not handling refrigerants. If you are you need to go to a HVAC supply house and get a bottle of pump oil. It is changed often around refrigerant handling equipment because of the effects of small moisture and the Flourine, and Chlorine created acids.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
atlantic442

Post by atlantic442 »

Thank you gentlemen, I went to a local HVAC contractor told him what I was doing and he donated a quart to the cause. With the situlation that I return with samples for show and tell.

Hans