Q: Least damaging way of removing id markings on tools

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Re: Q: Least damaging way of removing id markings on tools

Post by spro »

I agree. This other thread may help many.
diyer

Post by diyer »

I think that could be quite an involved topic. There is probably quite a bit to all the aspects of it.
"When you have both a secret government and an open government -- you have a secret government."
pacrat

Post by pacrat »

diyer said
I remember talking to a Police Officer once, I forget what the topic was, but he said, "Justice is worse than the crime!"

The problem with the "Criminal Justice System" is that there is only justice for the criminals. None for their victims.

Commyfornia made it even worse last year with an ignorant idea called Prop 47. It was designed to alleviate prison overcrowding. By making certain non violent felonies chargable as misdemeanors. With a $950 limit for misd. Any crime with a monetary value of less than $949.00 is charged as a misd. Even theft of a gun. Or being caught with less than $950 worth of a controlled substance, even crack or meth.

Crime rates had been steadily descreasing since 1991. To at all time low in Commyfornia before last Nov. Now violent crimes are up 12% and property crimes are up 21% in just 9 months. :evil:

Go figger.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

It is age old dilemma of right thinking, and community, or ways to get around the rules, that every one knows. Theft is a crime, pure and simple. It degrades any community, and cannot be tolerated. Yet in fact, fiction, and all the media, we aspire to equal those rogue heroes that bend the rules, are smarter, and more A type, and thats the rub. How can you idolize a cheater, when an honest deal is needed? If success is the goal, does the means (cheating on the fine print) justify the end. It is piracy, a flim-flam, a hoax, a lie. Call it what you will, why is it on the pedestal of success?

In searching history, the titans, Carnegie, Rockefeller, and the like, cared not of community, only of their greed. Later they became benevolent, after money had less meaning. Local yokels on drugs, and failing in the community, target the easy and weak, without remorse. I dont have a good answer for defense, when I worked 60 hrs a week, and they rummage through my life at will, to defeat me.

This is a common rant, I repeat it, as I have heard it before, and get the answer that I must subject myself to security measures, because of the miscreants. BS. I believe in the Castle doctrine, and ownership, is not only needed, but is the cornerstone to success.

In danger of being a political statement, I apologize for the rant, and know that all that read this must feel the same over their hard earned tools, a part of your life and future. We are on the same page, but I have no voice, and I must scream.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.