Bogus Man

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Re: Bogus Man

Post by spro »

I had a brain/ ear itch for hearing Dorothy Carter again. I went to a web site and listened to the Troubadour album again. It was great and fresh as before. I could be wrong but either 600k or millions are purported to have visited it. Wasn't like that before.
spro

Post by spro »

There are some selections where there is her flute mixed at perfect timing to her strings. In a dark mood, I remember another. This may have when becoming too close. It is an ancient instrument and drones above her. This instrument requires her to fight it. She shows and actually speaks through remarkable will and talent to a battle . There is an actual battle going on. She speaks by fighting it by every way of rhythm and cadence but it still keeps coming . The frequencies become interlaced. I had never heard another piece of music quite like this.
spro

Post by spro »

The selection I referred to is "Summer Rhapsody" . I couldn't figure how a psaltery could create that low droning but it was a Cello! Sounded like a cello yet slow and dark. It fit and there was a message. I don't care much about pithy messages which die away in a few seasons. At the same time, I don't want to face the time and cancers which take us down.
I think she knew and she recorded part of this experience. And she gave it hell, gave us enjoyment and wonder.. also the inevitability.