Tractor/Cart/Mower Advice

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Re: Tractor/Cart/Mower Advice

Post by spro »

The word is "gorge" and who is to say 100' or 200' . I watched news years ago and saw similar houses falling into the lake. Memories.
ALCOSTEAM

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

SteveHGraham wrote:Too time-consuming. I'll just try to pick up something expensive and see if anything breaks.

I don't have anything near the 1500-pound mark. I have stuff much lighter and much heavier, so I do not believe I'm in trouble here. My heaviest item under 1500 would be a 400-pound band saw. I do have a table saw that weighs more than 400, but that's fully assembled, with the base and table, and I would not try to pick it up unless it were on a pallet with the table removed.
I have a few tractors with only the lawn mower not having a loader on it. I recently bought a used Case IH dx33 (same as the new holland TC33). The manual for the loader shows it will lift 1256lbs at the bucket pins but only 878 lbs 20 inches out from the pins. With NO counterweight on the back end you are not going to get those numbers. With a 6" box grader and two 100 lb counterweights attached to the grader box and then the hydraulics peter out at about 1200lbs of load. With no counterweight and using the fork attachment you need to limit the total lifting weight to about 500 lbs and then stay on as firm and level of ground as possible. I am considering having the rear tires filled with the NON corrosive ballast.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Are you saying I can't get 1500 pounds, or that I can't get 400?
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

This is why I mentioned that you should talk to the dealer about the specs.
They can be deceiving, and they are not uniform between manufacturers.

:)
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.