Quality of 4-cycle Trufuel

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Harold_V

Re: Quality of 4-cycle Trufuel

Post by Harold_V »

TomB wrote: but I don't know what stabilize is or where to get it.
STA-BIL, which can be found at auto supply stores, and likely hardware stores. There may be other brands. Don't know.
To be clear, I have no financial interest in the aforementioned product.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

STA-BIL......

https://www.amazon.com/STA-BIL-22214-Fu ... ds=sta+bil

I bought mine at Walmart. Tractor Supply has it, as well as Big-R, and most auto parts stores.

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

I know STA-BIL works.
I use it in the gasoline for our emergency generator, and in any vehicle that will sit unused over winter.
During "operating" seasons I use the stored gas from the generator in my motorcycles and cars.
They run just fine even after 6 months of the fuel sitting.
~RN
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

I'm using a can of gas right now, that is a little over 2 years old, in my garden tractor, lawnmower, pressure washer, and tiller.
I put STA-BIL in the can, before I filled it with the gasoline.
I figure it will work even better, with the ethanol-free gas that is now available here in town. I filled two 5 gallon cans with it about a week ago.

Good stuff.
Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
ALCOSTEAM

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

TomB wrote: So given my ignorance I paid the price for TruFuel

So that 20 bucks a gallon would be quite cheap if you would of pulled a muscle or had a stroke or heart attack while fighting getting your engine started.

While it does not make me happy to pay the steep price for prepackaged non-ethanol fuel what does make me happy is not killing yourself trying to get an engine running or working on it all the time to keep it running. Over the past few days I have used the waste oil pump several times and even when cold its been a one pull start each time. What a difference vs the ethanol garbage.

I looked at VT listings for non-ethanol gas suppliers and you have a good selection and also into NH.

give this site a look thru and see what you can find.

http://www.pure-gas.org
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

ALCOSTEAM wrote: If we had a gas station locally that had non ethanol fuel I would be buying it there but with that not an option I pay the price to not have problems.
Not sure how close you are to Wisconsin, but Kwik Trip super is ethanol free, I believe.

Steve
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Not to poo-poo the notes written here, but old gas and storage issues are diferent for each situation.

I use an old trick of a ten second spray of starting fluid in the tank of any old gas motor to brighten up the starting abilities, since the light fractions of any pump gas are what creeps away over time any way. Just like adding gasoline to diesel fuel, it makes the fuel hotter, and more likely to run in your conditions. There are of cousre limits, but the B-T-X fractions of fuel are what we are talking about. These light fractions of Butadene- Toluene and Xylene, fractions and their ilk are what sets up the burn for gasoline. Gasoline being an amalgome of chems that perform along a crafted formula to run engines. The hoo-do is in the voo-doo of getting the performance. Truckers add gas to diesel in the winter in cold climates to cut the waxy tendancies at low temps, and regular motor fuels can be manipulated the same way, AKA summer blend VS. winter blend and all the nostrums beyond river gas of off brands and the like. In the end, if it runs for you, thats fine, but you have little control, unless you buy prohibitive additives, according to your current belief of whats good. In short you believe that major industry is looking out for you. So how is that working...

Nuff said. Good luck at beating the market suppliers. It is how Standard oil got its name for lamp oil.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.