My New Life in America

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveHGraham

My New Life in America

Post by SteveHGraham »

I am really enjoying my move to the United States. Miami was like a disease that wouldn't heal. Today I got to move more hurricane debris.

I bought a tool called a timberjack. It's wonderful. It grabs heavy logs and rotates them onto little aluminum feet so you can cut them. I've pretty much wiped out the 2-foot-thick live oak that fell on my chicken house.

I used the tractor to dump a whole lot of stuff on the burn pile, and later this week, I'm going to light it up with the plumber's torch.

Afterward, I got to sit in a cool workshop with cold beverages. No one was yammering at me in Spanish. No one was trying to dump trash in my yard. It was under 75 degrees. Phenomenal.

When I get my machine tools installed, this place will be too cool to stand.

I really like America. I wish I had moved here much sooner.
Attachments
10-11-17-adirondack-chair-and-beer-in-workshop-small.jpg
10-11-17-giant-live-oak-in-pieces-small.jpg
10-11-17-kubota-ready-to-receive-live-oak-trunk-small.jpg
10-11-17-kubota-with-live-oak-trunk-in-forks-small.jpg
10-11-17-woodchuck-timberjack-at-work-small.jpg
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
BadDog

Re: My New Life in America

Post by BadDog »

Congratulations.

My daughter keeps sending me links to big plots and huge shops up near her (and my grandkids) in Colorado Springs. Not too keen on the winter weather, but sure is a beautiful place. But for can't leave my mother and my son's family here in the Mexico annex, so I won't be moving any time soon.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
mcostello

Re: My New Life in America

Post by mcostello »

Welcome aboard, admittance fee here is making chips and telling Us about it.