I Hate Coyotes

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveHGraham

Re: I Hate Coyotes

Post by SteveHGraham »

ALCOSTEAM wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:08 pm Go to youtube and do a search for "rat shooting" then sit back and enjoy. Many of the exterminators are using 1K dollar air rifles and 1K+ dollar scopes but are getting pinpoint head shots.
I find it crazy any place would allow their rat population to get so out of hand in the first place.
I bought a very expensive air rifle for varmints, figuring it was a once-in-a-lifetime expense and better than buying a crummy one and THEN paying again for a good one.

The gun is not accurate at 50 yards, unless a group as big as a baseball equals accuracy. It's very accurate at 30 yards. I'll admit that.

The more time passes, the more I think I should have gotten a bolt .22 and CB rounds.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
John Hasler

Post by John Hasler »

SteveHGraham wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:29 pm
John Hasler wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:04 pmTheir explanation is "If we allowed just anyone to hunt them someone might get hurt."
I hope you're kidding. Anyone in Florida can hunt wild hogs without a permit or bag limit, and I would much rather fight off a python than a hog.
My only source is the news so I may very well be wrong.

[Edit] And I am:

http://myfwc.com/license/wildlife/nonna ... t-program/

Though I suppose it is possible that the policy has changed since I heard about it several years ago.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

What about hogs? Permit required?
How does a wild hog taste? Similar to domestic?

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

OK here is what you need for coyote.
A roll of string or twine, some duct tape, a wooden stake, a chicken, and a hand grenade......
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Harold_V wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 am What about hogs? Permit required?
How does a wild hog taste? Similar to domestic?

H
In Florida, you can kill wild hogs all day, every day. No license. No bag limit. You can kill females and shoats. You can use an AK-47 with a 30-round magazine. You can use traps. Florida really wants to get rid of hogs.

I have not eaten a feral pig, but people say they taste great. I'm the only person in Florida who wishes feral pigs would come to his farm. I can do incredible things with a good piece of pork.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

SteveHGraham wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 pm
I bought a very expensive air rifle for varmints, figuring it was a once-in-a-lifetime expense and better than buying a crummy one and THEN paying again for a good one.

The gun is not accurate at 50 yards, unless a group as big as a baseball equals accuracy. It's very accurate at 30 yards. I'll admit that.

The more time passes, the more I think I should have gotten a bolt .22 and CB rounds.
I bought a low dollar break barrel pellet rifle, and it does better than a softball at 50. Not great, but it'll group the bottom of a beer can. Does better with heavier pellets.
My 10/22 will do a lot better than that, with CB (long) caps. Short ones....not so much.

Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I came up with a better idea for killing coyotes. First, I buy a big bag of Acme Magnetic bird seed...
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

SteveHGraham wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:36 am I came up with a better idea for killing coyotes. First, I buy a big bag of Acme Magnetic bird seed...
GENIUS!
:lol:
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Steve, hard at work.....
Wyle E Coyote.png
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

You don't know the half of it. The Florida Fish and Wildlife people told me I could kill nuisance squirrels in my yard out of season. I have a blind set up right beside my house. I'm going to go sit in there with a scoped Marlin 60 and show them what happens when they eat my blueberries.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

They'd never suspect anything...
Squirrel Boy.jpg
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

If you're going to blow my cover like this I might as well quit.