Purposed US tariffs on imported lathes/mills from China

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

NP317

Re: Purposed US tariffs on imported lathes/mills from China

Post by NP317 »

All reasons I build and operate steam locomotives.
~RN
mklotz

Post by mklotz »

warmstrong1955 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:27 am Little woman burn your toast this mornin' Marv??
Both Harold and I watched as political ranting destroyed RCM on Usenet. I can't speak for Harold but it cemented my conviction that any discussion of politics or religion is a complete and absolute waste of time.

It's a very slippery slope. Be forgiving on one political post and soon that post becomes an excuse for the next one. "Well you didn't delete ..., so why should we delete this one?" Before long, the original focus of the forum is so diluted as to be worthless.

Locking the thread is not enough. It should be deleted so, a year from now, someone can't find it and restart the whole thing.
Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I hope it was Chinese toast. I get all my bread at Harbor Freight.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

RE: Tariffs on China vs. Chinese tariffs on us...

I'm mindful of the old adage about how it isn't a good deal unless everyone leaves the table feeling cheated. :D

Anything the USA does to protect what is left of its industrial capability is going to upset other countries. At some point we have to make a decision in that regard.

That's all I'm going to say about this topic.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

Not that my opinion matters on this (nor any other points made), but I would have no issue with locking or deleting. As so well put, there are no definitive truths, and no answers or fixes are possible within this scope, so there is no value whatsoever in this thread.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I wonder if readers understand the value of having the likes of Marv Klotz on this board? His opinions and (personal) help have been invaluable for me.

RCM had the potential to be extremely useful, but it was destroyed by poor housekeeping (none at all). I'm not going to let that happen here. I am going to lock this thread, but it will remain, so those who come behind us can see an example of what ISN'T acceptable on this board. Once locked, unless it is unlocked by the precious few who have the ability, it will remain locked to infinity.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.