Power for a hoist

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

tornitore45

Re: Power for a hoist

Post by tornitore45 »

As a point of reference a good supplier for electronic parts is DIGIKEY
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Well that tears it. I was rather rudely told at a Best Buy that they dont do that kind of work. They do plug and play repairs on modern computers thata have failed and current TV warrentee work. they dont touch anything else. Several other repair shops listed on the net have no operating phone, so thats a dead end. Into the malestrom I go again. Mom got out the camera, and I have the program so I will try to get photos up soon.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

Dave, If you can give me the name & model number of the hoist, I can repair the board. If your interested, I'll send you a PM with my address.

Jim B
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

That would be most generous. It is a Little Mule 500 lb chain hoist that is marked as a Cm product. As described it has a component burnt off the board and the numbers are obliterated. This seems to be a power and speed control for the hoist, and it is suspected that it was grossly overloaded in its application. (The component has 3 legs soldered to the board and the black flat housing is obviously heated and half missing with the markings).

I intend to use it for handling larger parts and shafts on my 16 inch lathe, and with a jib hoist arrangement on a trolley aid in working on lawn tractors and such parts for getting under such machines as my strength is failing to do otherwise.

A pm on this board would work, so that I could ship the board to you. I think I can phone you images if you have a compatable cell.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

PM sent. Thanks Jim.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Bump up > PM sent.