SS is toxic in California

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

earlgo

Re: SS is toxic in California

Post by earlgo »

My daughter and S-I-L gave me a coffee maker that was made in Italy from Stainless steel. On it was a Calif sticker about the dire threat of cancer or birth defects. The instructions came on a sheet printed in 19 different languages. I can hardly imagine the assembly workers' comments as they apply the warning stickers for the US destined pots. Maybe the automated packaging machine sticks it on all the coffee pots, and the folks in Sri Lanka, France, China, Finland, etc. might wonder what it says or what it means.
I thought about calling the hazmat team to take it away, but it makes good coffee. :roll:
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
earlgo

Re: SS is toxic in California

Post by earlgo »

I have no excuse but ignorance. The Italian coffee pot is made from Aluminum and I can't find a Prop 65 sticker anywhere on the pot or box or instructions. My apologies for the "alternate truth".
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.