Where Buy SAE 20?

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Hal K

Where Buy SAE 20?

Post by Hal K »

Clausing specifies "plain old vanilla" (non-multiviscosity) oil for their 8530 Mill.
I am in the Phoenix metro area and my only results so far in searching in person and via phone is a smile and a "good luck" comment. Respectfully request any helpful hints, suggestions or a known source. Hal K.
Victor_R

Re: Where Buy SAE 20?

Post by Victor_R »

Hal,
Single viscosity oil is not that hard to find. Try locating a "factory supply", a "tool supply" or "industrial supply" in your area. You might even try Sears tool dept. Or you can get it on line at places like www.mcmaster.com or www.use-enco.com or www.mscdirect.com just to mention a few of the top of my head. You also want non-detergent sae 20 oil.
"The machines are gaining ground upon us; day by day we are becoming more subservient to them" ~ Samuel Butler (1863)
mcostello

Post by mcostello »

Have any Tractor Supply Co. or farm type store nearby. I think you might be in the desert so if this suggestion was funny go ahead and laugh1
Michael_Az

Post by Michael_Az »

Hal, go to any bulk oil supplier. There is one very close to where Freightliner used to be and I think their name is Canyon State Oil. I used to buy oil there in 55 gal drums. Call them and be sure you can buy a small amount before you go. I know SAE 30 you can find anywhere, even walmart, but I don't know about 20 wt.
Michael
Saimp 2 HP 10 X 44 mill, #2 Cin Horz Mill, Cholchester 13" lathe, LeBlond 15" Dual Drive.
Hal K

Post by Hal K »

Thanks for the rapid replies! Hal K