univited guest

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

thomas harris

univited guest

Post by thomas harris »

a wild turkey flew through my dining room window Sunday afternoon. A double pane slider type window. Need I say any more!
mcostello

Post by mcostello »

Drive thru turkey dinner delivered?
thomas harris

Post by thomas harris »

Take the post literally. It actually got confused and blasted through the glass. Fortunately no one was close the the window. True story whether you believe it or not.
atlas 618,MM challenger wire welder, 4x6 cheapo bandsaw, assorted junk, spears for hunting mastadons.
hitandmissman

univited guest

Post by hitandmissman »

Glad no one was hurt. How did you get it out of the house or did coming thru the window kill it?
hitandmissman
thomas harris

Post by thomas harris »

It was huge and wounded. I had to "apply sedative to the head". They are all wings,talon, and spurs when threatened. He made a fairly good mess just the short stay he had.
atlas 618,MM challenger wire welder, 4x6 cheapo bandsaw, assorted junk, spears for hunting mastadons.
Jose Rivera

Turkey

Post by Jose Rivera »

Tell him to try the same before Thanksgiving!!

:shock:
There are no problems, only solutions.
--------------
Retired journeyman machinist and 3D CAD mechanical designer - hobbyist - grandpa
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I hope the 'sedative' didnt wear off.

Skin, clean and freeze. Skinning is easier than plucking. Use for soup and sandwich, boiled is easiest. Divide or quarter for future use. Never turn down a free roadkill, er window dressing.

Friend had a deer run through his slider screen, panic and make a coupla laps in the living room before finally getting out the same way. Amazing amount of damage for a few seconds jaunt.

You have my empathy.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.