Welcome Beta Testers!

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Rich_Carlstedt

Re: Welcome Beta Testers!

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Looks prety good so far.
I like the layout and the divisions .
If you are looking to add some more, you might want "Threads and Thread Cutting"
I particularly like seeing the "post" that I am replying to ! Good job there !
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I'll second that. I can't tell you the number of times I've had to go back and read a post again because I've lost my thoughts. Being able to read it without losing your place is a good feature. Can't speak for anyone else, but so far I'm impressed.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I second the suggestion of a section for threads and threading. In truth, threads are almost as complex as gears. One could easily make threading a lifetime study. There's lots to know and I'd suggest it is one of the things that newbies get tripped up on easily. It could be a favorite of many. Just a thought.

Why does the name of the Instant Graemlin get on screen instead of the character? Seems backwqrds, or is it just me?
:ooo: :mad: :cool: :) :( :o :crazy: :D :shocked: :smirk: :confused: :grin: ;) :p

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Rich, the Graemlins let you express yourself supposedly. Adds tone to the message. Unsure what the "Instant" Graemlins do...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What happens is you are allowed to preview the post to make changes. When you hit continue, and the I want to preview my post box is checked, you can see the message before its officially posted, so you can edit it one more time. You can UNCHECK the I want to preview my post box and it will post right away. So yes, you have to hit continue twice before posted. Let me change that feature. If someone wants to preview it they can by checking the box I believe.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: New Forum Threads & Thread Cutting

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

How about we call it Machining Operations, Threading, Boring etc? We can describe it however we want. One GREAT big nice thing, is that these posts could stay. They can be there forever and for future reference. These questions do get asked every now and again and then the replies are repeated. With this software, they can stay instead of being archived. This is the beauty of seperate forums instead of one HUGE forum.
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Jacin figures out stuff

See where you put <smile> in your post? Now you can use a Graemlin to add feeling to the message. Admittedly I was undecided about the graemlins but I think it will help those of us that seem to others that our messages are harsh or illment. Add a graemlin to it to show your feeling at the time you post.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Thread Settings

Jacin, and all. Go to MY HOME, click on Edit Display Preferences, click default display mode. Change Default View from Flat to Expanded and see if that helps. PLAY with these features guys.
Jacin

Re: Thread Settings

Post by Jacin »

Ohh weee - Marty you got it all figured out!!!! I like - I Like

It is gonna take a wee bit to figure out how to drive this rocket ship - considering we're jumping up from a row boat
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I've been struggling with this thing to no avail. How does one use the instant Graemlins? [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img] If I click on the character, what I get is this: [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img] I do not get the cute face. Where have I gone wrong? This part is driving me nuts! I can see others are able to use them.
What is it, I'm an idiot?

Nope! says I. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif"%20alt="[/img] I had success this time. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/shocked.gif"%20alt="[/img]

I think it's a good thing that these files will be deleted eventually, for there's certainly a lot of STUPID comments from me. Who'd want to read this stuff in the future? [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img] However, for the purpose at hand, making these stupid [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif"%20alt="[/img] posts is very helpful! I'm getting more and more comfortable with this new software and think it's leaps and bounds ahead of the old system.

Here's another test drive of posting a pic!

Harold

OK, our leader talked about a sticky post. I have no idea what that may be. Wores than that, I have no idea what a Poll Start is[pollstart]
How well am I doing? Sticky post remains a mystery. Poll start is less than clear.