A "Like" button for the board and an update and tapatalk

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Harold_V

A "Like" button for the board and an update and tapatalk

Post by Harold_V »

Readers,

We've had a few comments in regards to a "Like" button for the board. The idea is being entertained, but there are some issues that must be resolved before it can be incorporated, as it has been reported as being "broken and buggy". When the issues have been resolved, it most likely will be incorporated.

In the near future the board is scheduled for an upgrade. With a little luck, it might get included then, along with tapatalk.

A notice will be posted when the board undergoes the update. Mean time, be patient, as Mike is spread thin.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
JackF

Re: A "Like" button for the board and an update and tapatalk

Post by JackF »

Thanks Harold for the update. :D

Jack.
mklotz

Post by mklotz »

Yes, like buttons are very important if you want to act like a sappy, teenage girl. Maybe we could have an OMG (Oh My God) button as well. Perhaps some stupid, frenetically vibrating emojis to round out the adolescent vibe.

Taking the time to write a nice compliment that the target might actually appreciate will cut into your Facebook update time and will require you to actually learn some English grammar and usage. Pushing some stupid button is so much more efficient.
Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

mklotz wrote:Yes, like buttons are very important if you want to act like a sappy, teenage girl. Maybe we could have an OMG (Oh My God) button as well. Perhaps some stupid, frenetically vibrating emojis to round out the adolescent vibe.

Taking the time to write a nice compliment that the target might actually appreciate will cut into your Facebook update time and will require you to actually learn some English grammar and usage. Pushing some stupid button is so much more efficient.
Is there was a "like" button, I would click it for this :-)

Steve
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Heh! I have to agree-----reading a comment after one attempts to help others would certainly be nice, but in today's society, expecting that in return for time spent trying to be helpful may be expecting way too much. Seems it's fashionable for folks to think of no one but themselves, with many unwilling to show gratitude, even after being bailed out of a mess.

Maybe a "Like" button would help. Could be that chewing their food for them would be helpful, too! :twisted:

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
JackF

Post by JackF »

Being a man of few words and not wanting to appear a fool I will refrain from further comment. OOPPS. :roll:

Jack.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Like.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

OMG.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
mklotz

Post by mklotz »

Once they get a 'Like' button...

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
JackF

Post by JackF »

I'd refrain from marv's last post but he is too clever. :wink: :)

Jack.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Harold_V wrote:Heh! I have to agree-----reading a comment after one attempts to help others would certainly be nice, but in today's society, expecting that in return for time spent trying to be helpful may be expecting way too much. Seems it's fashionable for folks to think of no one but themselves, with many unwilling to show gratitude, even after being bailed out of a mess.

Maybe a "Like" button would help. Could be that chewing their food for them would be helpful, too! :twisted:

Harold
Maybe a "TRUTH" button...
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
mklotz

Post by mklotz »

If we're going to have a LIKE button it seems only fair that we have a DISLIKE button as well. We could recycle the "thumbs up" icon, perhaps with an alternate digit extended.

There's no end to the childish foolishness possible. A SUCKS button, WILL NEVER WORK, and maybe even a WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?, all done in lovely, coordinated pastels with lacy margins and little tassels.
Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware