Posting glitches

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

PeteM

Posting glitches

Post by PeteM »

I'm hoping for answers on two problems.

First, a recent Microsoft Security Update has apparently disabled my "back button." Any time I enter data in a form (such as posting on this forum), hit continue, and then try to go back to fix a glitch -- all the original data is lost. Apparently hackers were using refreshed forms to run malicious code -- but this is proving a real pain.

A couple times I've responded to lengthy questions, only to discover this site has logged me out. The entire response is lost and I usually don't have the desire to do it all again. So, does anyone know how to my "back button" back for forms -- and some other way of minimizing the risk.

Second problem -- Last evening I posted a response. It showed as part of the thread then. This morning, it's gone. No reason for it to have been edited -- it was about using Cor-ten steel for a guy's headboard project. What's up?

Thanks for any help. The problems are killing some of the usual keen interest in this board.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Posting glitches

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Pete, no idea why a Microsoft Security update would cause you grief. I have all the WIN98 updates and don't seem to experience those types of problems.

The site can't arbitrarily log you out unless you click the LOGOUT button.

I would like to see you try this:
First, clear the cache in your web browser
Second, delete the history and the cookies in your browser.

LOGIN to the site, check the remember me box.
See how that goes. Use this forum to test to see if you can recreate the problems.

As for the deleted post. No insult intended, but you did click the CONTINUE button and the "I want to preview my post or attach a file" box was not checked correct? I did a search of you as a users and found no post on the 31st of March for you.

I'll do the best I can to help out...
Marty
I'm hoping for answers on two problems.

First, a recent Microsoft Security Update has apparently disabled my "back button." Any time I enter data in a form (such as posting on this forum), hit continue, and then try to go back to fix a glitch -- all the original data is lost. Apparently hackers were using refreshed forms to run malicious code -- but this is proving a real pain.

A couple times I've responded to lengthy questions, only to discover this site has logged me out. The entire response is lost and I usually don't have the desire to do it all again. So, does anyone know how to my "back button" back for forms -- and some other way of minimizing the risk.

Second problem -- Last evening I posted a response. It showed as part of the thread then. This morning, it's gone. No reason for it to have been edited -- it was about using Cor-ten steel for a guy's headboard project. What's up?

Thanks for any help. The problems are killing some of the usual keen interest in this board.
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
PeteM

Re: Posting glitches

Post by PeteM »

Hi Marty, Thanks for the response. Yes, I did uncheck the preview box and click continue. Dunno what happenned either.

I'm hoping someone will know about the security update which prevents use of the "back button" to return to Web forms.

Pete