How do I hold thread and color change???

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

mm_____NE_IA

How do I hold thread and color change???

Post by mm_____NE_IA »

How do I hold the "thread" format? It seems like I have to hit "expand" everytime I change catagory's.

Also, the RED (I have looked at this post) color, does not hold between sessions. TIA--mm
JeffinWI

Re: How do I hold thread and color change???

Post by JeffinWI »

You need to go to the "My Home" page (on the top of the page) and set your preferences the way you want them.
The orange icons indicate that there are NEW messages, once you look at them the orange color goes away. That way you can tell right away if a subject has new messages in it.
The red numbers in parenthesis shown the number of new posts in that category.
P.S. to Marty...just trying to help, I believe this is correct.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: How do I hold thread and color change???

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

You got it right Jeff! I appreciate the help. This is the best way to learn. Helping each other out.

Play with the preferences on MY HOME (Find it at the top of the page) This customizes the look, feel of the site the way YOU the individual user likes it!

Hint, open up the post box by running the columns to 80 and the rows to 10

Marty [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/ooo.gif"%20alt="[/img]
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
mm_____NE_IA

Marty, The yellow/brown...

Post by mm_____NE_IA »

Marty,
The yellow/brown color change seems to equal "NEW" on the old board, this appears to be tied to my cookies and just indicates messages since I last opened the board. The only way I have found to hold a color change (to red) to indicate that I have read a message, is to access that message from the catagory index. If I click on each message, from one to the next within the thread, the color change does not show from the catagory index. If I need to change a setting, please let me know.

One other comment: every other board I look at is like the old one, in that within a thread, the squence is from old to new. For some reason, this board has reversed the order of the postings within the thread. Again, if I need to change a setting, please let me know.

For me, "Template" style works best. TIA -- mm