Logging Out

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Logging Out

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

As someone else noted, if you don't click LOGOUT and just close the window or browse a different site and come back, you don't have to log back in IF you clicked the REMEMBER Me box when you logged in initially.
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
GeneT

Re: Logging Out

Post by GeneT »

Marty, I can't seem to make this work. I have my browser set to accept cookies, and checked the 'remember me' button, but I still have to log in each time. Is there something else I need to enable? GsT
Steve_in_Mich

Re: Logged in once 4 days ago!

Post by Steve_in_Mich »

Of coarse if I loose the login I probably will have fun remembering how. I posted a photo in the message text a couple of times but have not been able to repeat it since. It will take some time and I don't have a lot of time at any one setting.
Just because you don’t believe it - doesn’t mean it’s not so.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Gene,
Are you logging out when you leave the site?? If so, don't. Just close it like you would anything else you look at. That way it remembers you, or at least it does when I close out that way.

Hope that helps~

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
GeneT

Post by GeneT »

No, I'm just closing the window. It's gotta be some kind of configuration problem, but I can't find it. (And I'm usually pretty good with computers.) I have the cookie from chaski, so it's being received and kept, and I stay logged in for as long as I have explorer open, but when I come back it doesn't recognize me. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img] It's a very minor nuisance, so no big deal if I can't resolve it, but I thought someone might know the answer.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Boy, I'm no help then. Mine works fine, though there have been occasions when I go back and have to log in again. Don't have a clue why. Good luck, Gene. I'm sure you'll find the problem. It's a lot more convenient when you don't have to log in each time.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Hmm, strange Gene. I've not had any problems either. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img]
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
GeneT

Post by GeneT »

Well, I'll plug away at it as I feel so inclined. If I find the solution/problem I'll let you know. In the meantime, it's not keeping me from enjoying or participating in the forum. Thanks!
GsT
GeneT

Post by GeneT »

Now I'm even more perplexed. Having enabled all the cookies and whatnot I logged into the old site and it says "Welcome back GeneT there have been 3 new posts since your last visit." (Not having had cookies enabled before, I've never seen this.) So the old site now recognizes me, but the new one does not. So here's my thought: Marty: is this new sites domain really chaski.com, or is that a 'blind' for something else. I have my PC set to accept cookies from chaski, but no one else. I think I just thought of an experiment to check - I'll be right back...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

As an experiment, try allow cookies to come in from chaski-test.com as well.
Please post how it goes.
-Mike
GeneT

Post by GeneT »

Nope, that didn't work either. I think it may actually be a bug in Win ME, or this version of IE. If I allow all cookies, the site remembers me for a couple of times, then 'forgets'.
When I allow all cookies, no new, or additional cookies show up in my cookie folder. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img] Thanks for the suggestion, tho'.
GsT
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Gene,
The activities of recent days that have resulted in changes to the board had created a situation whereby I was having the same problem that you were experiencing when returning to the board, that of the board not remembering me even though the proper box was checked and I was not logging out when leaving.

What I tried, which makes little sense but seems to work, is to delete the link in my "favorites" file, then go back to the site, log in, and save the link again. Perhaps it's just coincidence, but I've been successfully returning to the board without signing in again since doing so. It may not work for you, but it's worth a try if you're still wrestling with the issue.

Good luck!

Harold