Site was down and restored.

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Site was down and restored.

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

We had someone who had WAY too much time on their hands and caused mayhem with our board.

Despite the rumors and unfounded claims, the site was not being closed. To attempt damage repair, I was given a couple of choices, start from square one with no database (message base) or give more time to repair and restore the existing database. We chose the latter because of all of the invaluable information that has been collected. Patience paid off and with lots of dilligence on Mike Dorin's part, not to mention the insane amount of time he spent and probably more $, we have our site back now. Hopefully any remaining kinks will be worked out soon.

Bit of history, Mike Dorin, the owner of the site started out to be a metalworking enthusiast and created the original site so that he and others could network and learn from each other. His personal business ventures took off and he had little time to watch the site and INDEED shut it down. I was (and still am) one of those new enthusiasts to the hobby. I've had much experience in bulletin board systems (BBS) from my Fidonet days as a Region 15 Echomail Coordinator and offered my word and help that I would try and keep the board topical and remove the spammers. Mike agreed and restarted the site.

Mike supports this site, including the hardware, software, all the fees and many dollars associated with keeping up such a site, because he supports enthusiasts and our metalworking community.

I would be remiss in not thanking Harold Vordos in assisting in keeping watch over the site and offering his knowledge and wisdom over the years.

For those of you who continually frequent the site and the various forums, we could use some assistance with moderating some of the forums. If you have a favorite that you like to participate in, please contact either myself or Harold.

If you have any thoughts or ideas that would better this site, please let us know!

Enjoy and thanks again Mike!
Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"