Can't enter PM recipient's name/I.D. in PM compose screen.

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

LivingLegend

Can't enter PM recipient's name/I.D. in PM compose screen.

Post by LivingLegend »

I am having problems preparing my PM's for sending.

I can click on the PM button following another member's posting in a thread, and their name will come up in the area to the right of "TO" on the PM compose screen, where it should. But it is a solid unmodifiable area and type. I can still send a PM to that one individual.

If I click on the "MESSAGES" tab at the top area of an index or forum screen wanting to send a PM, when the compose screen comes up, the area to the right of the "TO" is a solid, blank area with no place to enter the recipient's name (or anything else). That area has an unmodifiable "NONE" where the recipient's name should be entered. See attached screenshot image.... The red circled area is the area I'm referring to. Obviously, the inability to specify a recipient means it's impossible to send a PM.

Question:

How do I send a message to a fellow member without having to do so as a reply to one of that particular member's postings.

I've never had this problem in the past.

LL
Attachments
PM Compose Screenshot.jpg
Do it right.... Or don't do it at all
I have no life. Therefore, I have a hobby
It's not that I'm apathetic, I just flat don't care
An Intellectual is nothing more than an Over-Educated IDIOT
Blogs: Where people with nothing to say..... Say it
Harold_V

Re: Can't enter PM recipient's name/I.D. in PM compose scree

Post by Harold_V »

LL,
Look to the left of the area you circled. You can enter a proper user name there, then click the button on the right side, which adds the user name to your PM..

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
LivingLegend

Re: Can't enter PM recipient's name/I.D. in PM compose scree

Post by LivingLegend »

Thanks, Harold.

Guess I just had a brain fart.... Since the new board software's PM composer layout is different from the old one.

Looks like I just didn't look in the right place to accomplish what I wanted to do.

I rarely initiate a PM these days.... Since I'm not as active in posting since I got came down with the "Big C".

LL
Do it right.... Or don't do it at all
I have no life. Therefore, I have a hobby
It's not that I'm apathetic, I just flat don't care
An Intellectual is nothing more than an Over-Educated IDIOT
Blogs: Where people with nothing to say..... Say it