Photos in sig line

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Harold_V

Photos in sig line

Post by Harold_V »

So there isn't a question, photos are not permitted in sig lines on this board.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
warmstrong1955

Re: Photos in sig line

Post by warmstrong1955 »

Harold_V wrote:So there isn't a question, photos are not permitted in sig lines on this board.

Harold
mmmmmm....me thinks someone had a question.....

:wink:
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

warmstrong1955 wrote:
Harold_V wrote:So there isn't a question, photos are not permitted in sig lines on this board.

Harold
mmmmmm....me thinks someone had a question.....

:wink:
This was posted after a reader included a large photo in his sig line, then posted repetitively in the same thread. It slowed down the download to the point of crippling the thread, and served no real purpose. The decision to remove the photo was made by the board administrator, as was the decision to ban photos in sig lines, all for obvious reasons. I, for one, heartily endorsed the decision. :-)

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
ctwo

Post by ctwo »

Thanks, Harold. I agree since I belong to another forum that allows sig photos. It is very cumbersome just to read a simple thread, but fortunately that forum software allows the user to select whether they want to view signatures or not at all. Unfortunately, many folks refer to something in their sig and I get to miss that. This solution avoids all that frustration and encumbrance.
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
hoppercar

Post by hoppercar »

what is a sig line ???
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

The last three lines in the post above yours.

Those three lines appear in every post he makes.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
Low Flyer

Post by Low Flyer »

I know this is an old thread, but it is a sticky, therefore I will reply to it rather than start another thread.

Though I am new to this forum, I am a user and I would like to see a ban on quoting pictures. Once someone posts a picture, quoting the picture adds no value. Like the original post in this thread said about pictures in sigs, quoting pictures only slows the download of the thread. How many times does a picture need to be posted in a single thread?

Just my two cents,
Gil