Tapatalk

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

atunguyd

Tapatalk

Post by atunguyd »

Hi all,

It has been a long time since I came to this forum and I realise that this is because ever since getting my tablet I spend very little time on my PC and only seem to frequent forums that use tapatalk.

Can I ask if there are any plans on getting the tapatalk plugin loaded onto these boards? I am sure I cannot be the only person viewing these with a android or IOS device?

Thanks

Anthony
redneckalbertan

Re: Tapatalk

Post by redneckalbertan »

I am not familiar with that app, I view from an I pad and Samsung smart phone, (Comming from a smart phone at work. Don't worry you can tell the boss. Procedural weld, must let it cool down between passes some I come to chaski.) If you did not know about it, the site has provision for a mobile friendly version of the site. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on switch to mobile style, that might make viewing easier for you. I personally like the full site, but that's my own preference. I just thought I would mention that incase that makes it easier for you to view the site!
Bill C

Post by Bill C »

One benefit of Tapatalk would be that users of iPads could directly upload photos to posts here. It does not look like the current mobile version of this site allows that to happen.

I mostly use my iPad, so when I want to post photos, I have to send them to a different computer, resize them and upload from that computer. I would be very interested to know if there is an easier way to do it.

I am very grateful to have this forum as a resource, and I appreciate all the effort the group owner and moderators expend in keeping this a high-quality group. This came into even greater focus recently, when yahoo changed to the neo group format. Since that debacle, this group is far and away my favorite place on the Internet! Thanks for providing it for us!

Regards,

Bill C.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Thanks, Bill. Your comments are appreciated. Those of us who oversee the operation of the board are dedicated to its success, so it's nice to get some feedback occasionally so we know if it's running in an acceptable manner.

The owner of the board is a rather methodical and organized individual, but he has a full plate. Being spread thin, things may happen slowly here. It is possible that in the future Tapatalk may be incorporated. He is aware of the need. Now to find the time! He does all of his own maintenance, so things happen a little slower than they once did. It is my opinion that he is doing an excellent job, and the lack of complaints certainly supports my thoughts.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

Redneckalbertan,

I am aware of the mobile version, and I used that for a while on my smartphone, but once you use tapatalk you honestly wont go back, it is just simply much quicker to browse these sort of forums than anything else.
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

I've had a pop up from a few forums asking if I wanted to install it but never bothered to because, why? The forums work fine without it. I might give it a try and see what I think. Thanks for your endorsement of it.
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

redneckalbertan wrote:I've had a pop up from a few forums asking if I wanted to install it but never bothered to because, why? The forums work fine without it. I might give it a try and see what I think. Thanks for your endorsement of it.
I felt the same way for a while because it is not a free app, then one day I stumbled across a not so legitimate version and decided to see what the fuss was about. Needless to say I have now purchased the full app, it is really nicely done and very feature packed.

My nicest feature is the ability to subscribe to topics or areas and get notified when new posts are made. I belong to a firearm forum in South Africa and when guys put things like PMAGS (yes they are like gold over here) up for sale you need to respond quick or miss out. This gives me that upper edge since I am notified immediately wherever I may be,
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

Hi Harold,

Any update on this, is it still on the roadmap or not really?

If I can lend a hand I am happy to.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

atunguyd wrote:Hi Harold,

Any update on this, is it still on the roadmap or not really?

If I can lend a hand I am happy to.
It is on Mike's plate to contemplate. With the last revision of the board software we at least have a mobile version and it allows me to approve subscription requests most expeditiously. That said I understand there is a desire for Tapatalk. He is currently tied up on personal matters and with the holidays upon us, unlikely to be considered until next year.

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

Good to hear it is being considered. While not an absolute necessity it would be a very nice to have feature.
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

Hi Chaps,

Any update on this? Still something that you are considering? Or should I be more patient :)

Thanks

Anthony
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

After prolonged consideration, Mike (owner of the board) is now considering installing Tapatalk when the next upgrade is installed. That most likely won't happen before September, so patience will be required. Might not hurt to make mention once again, late August, so it's fresh on his mind. He has a great deal on his plate, so it's easy to forget things.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.