Worcester Black Diamond Drill Shapener

Buying, selling, trading and for giving away Items of interest to the Home Machinist Community. (Non-Commercial Only) *PLEASE BE SURE TO LIST CONTACT INFORMATION AND LOCATION OF ITEM*

Moderator: Harold_V

ramsay

Worcester Black Diamond Drill Shapener

Post by ramsay » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi all: Anyone have any parts for a Black Diamond dd2 drill grinder? I need parts for the drill cradle.. Cheers from Louisiana.. Mike

LIALLEGHENY

Re: Worcester Black Diamond Drill Shapener

Post by LIALLEGHENY » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:15 pm

Parts are still available through Black Diamond, and also some stuff is available through Rush drill grinders, but hold onto your wallet, both are pricey. Other option is to watch Ebay, which is where I came up with parts for both of mine, albeit I had to wait quite a while .....in the one case the master holder for my 3B took about 7 years before one came up.

Nyle

ramsay

Post by ramsay » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:53 am

I tried Black Diamond and they told me nothing is available for the dd2 anymore... I found some parts but they are for the size larger unit than the one I have.. I adapted parts from other drill grinders and got it to work ok but would rather have the originals.... The cradle assy was missing when I got it and was probably broken because they are cast iron and stick out like a sore thumb.. If I had a broken one, I could braze it together if I had all the parts.. Thanks for the reply.. Cheers from Louisiana Mike

LIALLEGHENY

Post by LIALLEGHENY » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 am

Mike, Check this out, DD2 is listed ..https://www.interplantsales.com/102.htm

Also take a look at Model O , looks like they have the same setup

Nyle

ramsay

Post by ramsay » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:41 am

Hello and thanks for the reply... Yes the dd2 looks like the one I have... I have most of the arm assy but the cradle for drills is missing as I suspect it was broken and discarded... I have a complete assy from what I think is a model O but it is too big... If I could come up with a broken assy, I could braze it back together if all the parts are present.. Thanks and cheers from Louisiana.. Mike