saving grinder space

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Russ Hanscom

saving grinder space

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Finally got this base grinder painted and reassembled. The top started out as a random bits of plate, and the base is random other stuff – including part of an old trailer tongue, why waste. The top indexes in 1/8 rotation increments so any grinder can be used; makes it handy for limited spaces. It will hold up to four grinders, currently populated with three. I did not want to have four separate grinder stands each taking up a bunch of floor space; this arrangement takes up not much than one grinder's worth, but any grinder can be ready in seconds. The larger grinder is a home brew using 10" wheels from Boeing surplus; it is used mainly for HSS tool grinding. The little 6" is used for light duty. There is also a 7" with two wheels and an 8" shop brew with wire wheel. A Browne and Sharpe tool grinder is on the right side. (Thanks Harold) (floor was vacuumed after the first picture)
DSC02131.JPG
DSC02133.JPG
DSC02130.JPG
liveaboard

Re: saving grinder space

Post by liveaboard »

Insane overkill, I love it!
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

That is a cool idea.

I have 4 grinders..one is a belt and one a drill sharpener...all sitting on a 4' square table on wheels.

Since I can only use one at a time the functionality is quite similar to your creation...but a lot clunkier because of the weights involved.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Very nice, Russ!
Glad to see the B&S is in good hands. Figured you'd put it to use.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.